The University of Arizona Electron Microprobe Laboratory is equipped with CAMECA SX100 Ultra and CAMECA SX50 electron probe microanalyzers (EPMA) that perform rapid, non-destructive chemical analysis of solid samples. Their capabilities include:
- Full quantitative analysis of very small (~ 1 Î¼m) spots for elements ranging from Be to U.
- Rapid qualitative analysis and phase identification.
- Chemical mapping of specimens on scales from a few microns to tens of centimeters.
- Micro-scale imaging using backscattered electron, secondary electron, and absorbed current signals.
- The facility is open to academic users from all departments of the University of Arizona as well as to visitors from other schools, universities, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and local businesses.
We welcome new users and new applications. If you are interested in using our microprobe, or would like additional information, please feel free to contact us.
This facility is administered by the Lunar and Planetary Lab of the College of Science at the University of Arizona.