|On this page: Fluorescent Dyes | Antibodies and Related Techniques | Sample Preparation Resources
- Fluorescence Glossary
- A list of terms and definitions relevant to fluorescence and optical filters (courtesy of Omega Optical).
- Spectra viewers
- These can be very useful. Most allow you to plot out the excitation and emission curves of a number of fluorescent dyes. Some allow the user to add filter sets and excitation sources to see how well they work with the dyes being considered. Noteworthy examples include: an extensive database of single and 2-photon dye spectra assembled here at the University of Arizona (Utzinger & Boswell), Thermo-Fisher's Fluorescence spectraviewer, Semrock's searchlight, Fluorophores.org, Chroma's spectra viewer, Biolegend's viewer, Leica's Fluoscout, Omega Optical's curvomatic, and Zeiss' Fluorescence Dye and Filter Database.
Antibodies and Related Techniques
- Antibody Resource Page
- This site is a "a multidisciplinary resource on antibodies for both novices and experts." There are: Educational Resources, Online Databases and software, and much more.
- Immunohistochemistry resources
- IHC World Learning Center
Immunohistochemistry Resources (FHCRC)
- Technical information from Jackson ImmunoResearch Labs:
- The technical center includes information on: Common causes of background from secondary antibodies alone, Possible causes of weak signals from labeled secondary antibodies assuming that antigens are present and primary antibodies are working, and more on their FAQ and product selection pages.
- Green Fluorescent Protein Applications Page:
- Green Fluorescent Protein comes from the jellyfish Aequoria victoria and is used in a variety of research applications. This site has many useful GFP application links. See also these resources from Carl Zeiss Inc and Nikon.
- Immuno-gold can be useful when using a confocal in reflectance mode. Information about immuno-gold reagents can be found at Nanoprobes, Inc.
- Antifade mounting media
- Archives of the Confocal Listserver
- This searchable archive of the confocal listserver can be an invaluable place to see if a question that you have has already been answered. Unfortunately as of 2017, users must request a password, making this somewhat less useful.
- Miscellaneous Other Resources:
- Fluorescence Microscopy (Protocols Online)
Cell Biological Applications of Fluorescence Microscopy (Stephen Rogers, ITG Group, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois)
Reviewed & updated 06/06/2017. Creation of this web page was originally supported as part of the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center at the University of Arizona, NIEHS P30 ES006694.