Zeiss LSM880 inverted confocal microscope
The Zeiss LSM 880 inverted confocal microscope includes a 34-channel detector for spectral information, and 7 Laser lines (405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 594, 633nm). The system includes additional software modules for performing FRAP and control for the motorized stage toallow stitching together images from multiple fields of view into one larger image (montage), as well as visiting multiple sites during a time lapse acquisition.
The instrument includes an environmental chamber suitable for live cell imaging at a variety of temperatures, humidity and CO2 capabilities. The facility has wet lab space, cell culture incubators, and a biosafety hood in an adjacent room.
Objective lenses (with matching DIC prisms) include:
- Plan-Apochromat 10x/0.45 (WD=2.0mm)
- Plan-Apochromat 20x/0.8 (WD=0.55mm)
- Plan-Apochromat 40x/1.3 Oil
- Plan-Apochromat 63x/1.40 Oil
- Plan-Apochromat 100x/1.4 Oil
- Additional lenses associated with the adjacent Zeiss LSM880 NLO multiphoton/confocal may be available for this instrument (contact the facility manager to discuss this)
FEES (UA users, external users please contact us):
- Routine use - $50/hr
- Assisted Use/Training - $125/hr
Our Resources page: http://microscopy.arizona.edu/ic-optical-resources